If you’ve dreamed of a new career, but you can’t quit your current job to attend school during the week, Southern Union’s Saturday College is your ideal starting point.
Saturday College offers classes at our Valley campus on Saturdays and online to accommodate real life. Earn your associate degree in just seven semesters! Students enter a program in the fall semester with a cohort of their peers and will proceed through the program with the same group of students.
Saturday College is offered at Southern Union’s Valley Campus (321 Fob James Drive, Valley, AL 36854).
Students in Saturday College take a combination of onsite and online courses that enable them to complete an Associate in Science degree. See the curriculum success guides for the following programs:
Additionally, a three-semester Health Sciences Academic Core option will be available for the programs offered through Southern Union’s Health Sciences Division.
Please note: Students who plan to participate in Saturday College must be eligible for ENG101 English Composition I and MTH100 Intermediate College Algebra. Students who require developmental math or English must take these courses prior to the beginning of the program.
Why Saturday College?
- Saturday classes let you earn your degree while keeping your current job.
- Earn your associate degree for a fraction of the cost of a 4-year college.
- Saturday College classes are transferable to most 4-year colleges.
- Once-weekly classes let you spread out studying over the week.
- Financial aid is available.
- Mini-semester configuration keeps you eligible for health insurance.
- Small class sizes mean more personal attention from instructors.
For more information or to apply to the program, contact Robin Brown at 334-756-4151 extension 5204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.