Are you a highly motivated high school student with a 3.0 or better grade point average who would like to earn college credit while still attending high school? Southern Union can assist you in getting started now with earning credits toward your college degree.
Southern Union offers high school students who meet the requirements the opportunity to take courses for college credit while still enrolled in high school. Credit earned as an accelerated student will not meet the requirements for high school graduation. For credit that will count towards high school graduation and college credit, you may be interested in dual enrollment opportunities.
If you are interested in starting your college experience early, discuss your plans with your high school counselor to determine what is the best solution for your needs. For more information on eligibility in the accelerated high school/dual enrollment programs, contact Eddie Pigg at 334-745-6437, extension 5513, or email@example.com. Once you have determined the best solution for you, follow the steps below for enrolling to begin your college career!
- Talk with your high school counselor to determine classes you may take for accelerated college credit.
- General Application. Apply online. Your student email account and A number will be created following the application to the college. Once you receive information about your SUSCC student email account, check your student email for any notifications regarding your application.
- Provide the Accelerated High School Student Program Certification form with approved courses listed and signed by the high school counselor or principal. Obtain the form from your high school counselor or principal’s office or click here to print the Accelerated High School Student Program Certification form. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule class(es) online or on-campus. Following completion of steps 1-3, you may schedule classes online through mySUSCC during published registration dates.
- Secure tuition payment method. Provide payment online at the time of scheduling class(es) through mySUSCC. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Obtain Student ID. Report to Learning Resource Center on Opelika or Wadley Campus with PAID class schedule during designated LRC operating hours to get your student ID.
- Obtain Parking Decal. Students attending class on-campus should click here to obtain a parking decal before the first day of class.
- Obtain books for your classes. Students may choose to purchase books through the campus bookstore.