Distance Education Complaint Process

Distance Education Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students  

NC Sara Logo

Southern Union State Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.   Students enrolled in online courses who wish to file a complaint may do so by following the same complaint process outlined for on-campus students. 

Complaints/grievances not resolved through the College's internal complaint/grievance process for students who reside in a SARA member-state may appeal their complaint to the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE), which oversees SARA institutions in Alabama.  The complaint process for Alabama's Public Two-Year Institutions of Higher Education can be found on the ACHE website

Note: Nothing precludes the state from where a student resides from also working to help resolve a student’s complaint.

Students whose complaints are not otherwise resolved through Southern Union's internal complaint/grievance process, and who do not reside in a SARA state may file a complaint with the appropriate agency in the student’s state of residence.