Southern Union has designated employee parking areas. You must have a Southern Union parking permit in order to park on campus. New employees must obtain parking permits from the Opelika or Wadley Campus Business Office. Please view SU’s parking and driving regulations below for more detailed information.
Remember, it is prohibited to park:
- Without a valid permit displayed
- In "No Parking" areas
- In a handicapped space without a valid handicapped tag or permit displayed
- On the grass, sidewalk or crosswalks
Violators will be subject to fines.
PARKING AND DRIVING REGULATIONS
Any employee, who drives a car or other motorized vehicle on any campus, day or night, must have liability insurance and must secure and display a parking decal. If more than one vehicle is driven on campus regularly, each vehicle should have its own decal. Parking decals are available in the Business Office.
Parking decals must be displayed at all times while parked on campus. By displaying the parking permit, the employee agrees to abide by the following parking regulations:
- The speed limit is not to exceed 10 mph on any campus.
- The registered driver is responsible for his automobile regardless of who is driving.
- Visitor’s Parking Permits are issued to non-student campus guests. Employees experiencing car trouble or other extenuating circumstances that necessitate bringing an unregistered vehicle on campus may also qualify for a Visitor’s Parking Permit. A Visitor’s Parking Permit should be obtained immediately upon arriving on campus. Permits are available on campus from the Campus Police office on Wadley and Opelika and from the Administrative Office on Valley.
- Vehicles may not be parked in a “no parking” zone.
- Vehicles parked improperly with or without a parking decal showing may be ticketed.
- Vehicles parked improperly can be towed from campus at owner’s expense.
- If your car has been towed or booted, contact campus police for retrieval information.
- All users of handicapped parking spaces must validate their parking permit. Information on the validation process is available in the Campus Police Department.
- No parking on curbs.
- All stop signs must be obeyed.
- Vehicles left on campus overnight must be registered with the Campus Police.
- NO driving and parking on the grass and/or sidewalks.
- Double parking is prohibited.
- Blocking driveways, entrances, and exits to parking areas or buildings is prohibited.
- Drivers must yield to pedestrians in designated crosswalks.In all lots that are marked with parking spaces, vehicles must be parked heading into the spaces.