Accelerated High School Credit
Are you a highly motivated high school student with a 3.0 or better grade point average who would like to earn college credit while still attending high school? Southern Union can assist you in getting started now with earning credits toward your college degree.
Southern Union offers high school students who meet the requirements the opportunity to take courses for college credit while still enrolled in high school. Credit earned as an accelerated student will not meet the requirements for high school graduation. For credit that will count towards high school graduation and college credit, you may be interested in dual enrollment opportunities.
List of Accelerated High Schools Agreements.
If you are interested in starting your college experience early, discuss your plans with your high school counselor to determine what is the best solution for your needs. For more information on eligibility in the accelerated high school/dual enrollment programs, contact Eddie Pigg at 334-745-6437, extension 5513, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have determined the best solution for you, follow the steps below for enrolling to begin your college career!
- Talk with your high school counselor to determine classes you may take for accelerated college credit.
- General Application. Apply online. Your student email account will be created following the application to the college. Once you receive information about your SUSCC student email account, check your student email for any notifications regarding your application.
- Submit your identification. The Admissions Office must receive appropriate identification when you apply for general admission. Click here for guidelines for submitting appropriate identification documents.
- Provide official high school transcript as documentation of the required 3.0 grade point average. Transcripts must be mailed to Admissions Office at P. O. Box 1000, Wadley, Alabama 36276.
- Provide the Accelerated High School Student Program Certification form with approved courses listed and signed by the high school counselor or principal. Obtain the form from your high school counselor or principal’s office or click here to print the Accelerated High School Student Program Certification form.
- Secure tuition payment method. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Schedule class(es) online or on-campus. Following completion of steps 1-5, you may schedule classes online through mySUSCC during published registration dates.
- Verify payment. Provide payment online at the time of scheduling class(es) or report to Cashier’s Office to submit payment. Students attending class on-campus should also obtain a parking decal from Cashier’s Office before the first day of class.
- Obtain Student ID. Report to Learning Resource Center on Opelika or Wadley Campus with PAID class schedule during designated LRC operating hours to get your student ID.
- Obtain books for your classes. Students may choose to purchase books through the campus bookstore.