The information on this page will guide you in finding the information and services you need to succeed in college. This page includes an excerpt from the complete information that can be had by clicking on the links within each topic.
Southern Union Student Handbook and Catalog
Students should be familiar with college policies and procedures. The SUSCC Student Handbook and Catalog is the official publication that contains the policies and procedures followed by Southern Union. The Catalog provides information related to academic policies and available support services, as well as students' responsibilities, expectations, and rights. Below is a partial list of important policies and support services you will find more information about in the Student Handbook and Catalog:
|Policies (see Student Handbook and Catalog)||Support Services|
|Academic Grade Appeal||Academic Advising|
|Administrative Withdrawal (for failure to attend)||Academic Support Services|
|Americans With Disabilities (ADA)||ADA/Special Needs|
|Class Attendance Policy||Admissions / Student Records|
|Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)||Financial Aid /Student Loans/ VA|
|Students' Rights and Responsibilities||Learning Resource Center (Library)|
|mySUSCC Student Web Portal|
|Student Success Center|
Student Handbook for Online Learning (important information for a student considering online, virtual, and hybrid courses)
Online Services (information about all SU online accounts)
Student Support Services - Online
- Accessibility Statements for Technology
- Canvas LMS Support
- Canvas Video Tutorials
- Career Exploration
- Emergency Laptop Loan Request
- Laptop Loan
- Online Technical Support
- Privacy Statements for Technology
- SUSCC Learning Resource Center (Library)
- Student Handbook & Catalog
- Tutoring Services (Tutor.com - online and free tutoring!)
Distance Education Support
- Distance Learning Webpage
- Are you ready for Distance Learning? The page will help you determine whether online learning is right for you.
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment
- Login and Technology Support
- Technical Skills/Technology Requirements
Library (Learning Resource Center (LRC)) Support
Access the Library webpage
- Canvas Support
- Local Canvas support from SUSCC: email@example.com
- Canvas 24/7 Support for problems with Canvas LMS
- Chat: Click the Help button on the bottom of the blue navigation bar at the far left. Choose "Chat with Support (Students)
- Phone: call the Canvas Support Hotline (Students) 1-844-569-5690
- Check out the Canvas Student Quick Guide or these student-authored video tutorials
- For course links or publisher content support:
- Email your instructor and give a clear, detailed description of the problem.
- For publisher content, check your course to find out if there is a technical support contact.
In the event of an emergency, Southern Union has a limited number of laptops for loan. To borrow a laptop for the current semester, you must be a registered student. Complete the Technology Request Form and your request will be considered on an individual basis.
Accessibility and Privacy Statements for Technologies used in Distance Education
|EduWebLabs||None exists**||None exists**|
|Microsoft Office||Accessibility Statement||Privacy Statement|
|OpenOffice||Accessibility Statement||Privacy Statement|
|Turnitin||n/a*||Privacy and Security Policy|
|Zoom||Accessibility Statement||Privacy Statement|
*These accounts are used through the LMS account, and no personal data is collected from the student.
**EduWebLabs collects only the student's email address and a portion of the student number for the instructor's use in identifying students. Students take a picture or screenshot of the lab and submit that through the LMS. No personally identifiable data will be collected through EduWebLabs.