The information on this page will guide you in finding the information and services you need to succeed in college. This page includes an excerpt from the complete information that can be had by clicking on the links within each topic.
Southern Union Student Handbook and Catalog
Students should be familiar with college policies and procedures. The SUSCC Student Handbook and Catalog is the official publication that contains the policies and procedures followed by Southern Union. The Catalog provides information related to academic policies and available support services, as well as students' responsibilities, expectations, and rights. Below is a partial list of important policies and support services you will find more information about in the Catalog:
|Academic Grade Appeal||Admissions / Student Records|
|Americans With Disabilities (ADA)||Academic Advising|
|Administrative Withdrawal (for failure to attend)||Tutorial Services|
|Class Attendance Policy||Computer Labs|
|Complaints/Grievances||Financial Aid /Student Loans/ VA|
|Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)||Learning Resource Center (Library)|
|Students' Rights and Responsibilities|
Student Handbook for Online Learning
The Student Handbook for Online Learning is essential for anyone who considers taking an online class. It contains policies and procedures pertaining specifically to distance education and will provide online students with information in finding assistance with technology, technical support, and support services.
Information about Canvas, Student Email, mySUSCC student web portal and other online technologies used by students can be found in the Student Handbook for Online Learning and the Online Services link on the webpage.
Student Support Services
- SUSCC Learning Resource Center (Library)
- Student Success Center
- Tutoring Services
- Career Exploration
- Financial Aid
- Student Handbook & Catalog
- Academic Advising
- mySUSCC Student Web Portal
Distance Education Support
- Distance Learning Webpage
- Are you Ready for Distance Learning? The page will help you determine whether online learning is right for you.
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment
- Login and Technology Support
- Technical Skills/Technology Requirements
Library (Learning Resource Center (LRC)) SUPPORT
Access the Library at www.suscc.edu/current-students/library
Access the Library's online resources.
Student Success Center / Tutoring
The Student Success Center and ADA Coordinators work to ensure that all students have equal access to educational opportunities at Southern Union. The Student Success Center also provides tutoring in English and math.
Online Technical Support
- Canvas Support
- Local Canvas support from SUSCC: email@example.com
- Canvas 24/7 Support for problems with Canvas LMS
- Chat: Click the Help button on the bottom of the blue navigation bar at the far left. Choose "Chat with Support (Students)
- Phone: call the Canvas Support Hotline (Students) 1-844-569-5690
- Check out the Canvas Student Quick Guide or these student-authored video tutorials
- For course links or publisher content support:
- Email your instructor and give a clear, detailed description of the problem.
- For publisher content, check your course to find out if there is a technical support contact.
Accessibility and Privacy Statements for Technologies used in Distance Education
|EduWebLabs||None exists**||None exists**|
|Microsoft Office||Accessibility Statement||Privacy Statement|
|OpenOffice||Accessibility Statement||Privacy Statement|
|Turnitin||n/a*||Privacy and Security Policy|
*These accounts are used through the LMS account, and no personal data is collected from the student.
**EduWebLabs collects only the student's email address and a portion of the student number for the instructor's use in identifying students. Students take a picture or screenshot of the lab and submit that through the LMS. No personally identifiable data will be collected through EduWebLabs.