Non-Traditional High School Diploma
The Alabama Non-Traditional High School Diploma Option (HSDO) is an alternative to the GED high school equivalency, designed for students who have completed all of the required credits for graduation but didn't pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE), or students who have left the traditional high school setting before graduation.
The program provides two options:
Option 1 – For an adult who attended an Alabama high school and earned enough credits to graduate, but did not pass the high school graduation exam.
Option 2 – For an adult who earned 10 or more credits from an Alabama high school and requires additional credits for high school completion.
ELIGIBILITY FOR OPTION 1
- Participant must have all 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school, or the number of credits established by the local school system that the participant last attended
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Did not pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam
- Participants must complete the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) Assessment.
ELIGIBILTY FOR OPTION 2
- Participants must have at least 10 credits of the 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school in Alabama
- Minimum age of 19
- Participants must complete the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) assessment.
- TABE scores must meet the minimum qualifications and post-test required scores.
STEPS TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLL
- Complete Transcript Audit Form Request.
- Meet with adult education staff to review transcript information.
- Attend an orientation session and complete the TABE assessment.