CPR ONLINE Course Information
There are only 10 student slots available for each 2-hour Check-Off Session, so if your desired session does not allow you to register, please choose a different session.
If you already signed up Online for a Check-Off Session and were not able to attend due to Covid-19 restrictions, please email Dr. Amy Rogers (email@example.com) so she can add you to a session (so you don’t have to pay and register again).
If you are a current Southern Union Health Science student or an incoming Health Science student that needs a CPR Card renewal or this is your first time obtaining a CPR Card (it is the same process for both), you need to follow the instructions below:
Part 1 – Heartcode – BLS - Register Online through American Heart Association
• Go to www.onlineaha.org to register.
• Go to “Find a Course” and search for BLS – Basic Life Support in the drop-down menu.
• You will put “1” in the quantity box to place “Heartcode BLS” in your cart ($28.50).
• DO NOT use the Course Finder Wizard on this page…………it will only confuse you.
• You will receive an e-book, watch a video, answer questions about the video and then complete a 25- question test.
• Once you have completed the entire Online Portion, print the Online Part 1 Certificate of Completion. You must bring this Certificate of Completion to your Check-Off Session.
Part 2 – Registering for Skills Check-Off Session – Done on Opelika Southern Union Campus
- Go to www.suscc.edu
- Click on Programs of Study
- Click on Continuing Education
- CPR Information
- Click on “Register for CPR Check-Off”
You will choose a provided Check-Off date and time, complete the demographic information and pay $24.00 by credit/debit card.
You will bring your Part 1 Certificate of Completion to your Skills Check-Off Date.
- If you feel sick or have had a fever recently, do not attend. Email Dr. Rogers and let her know you will not be there (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please arrive 45 minutes early for your Check-Off.
- Bring your own mask (for Covid-19, not CPR breaths).
- Bring your own writing utensil.
- Park in the Health Science Parking lot (on the corner of West Point Parkway and Bulldog Parkway). You will be screened at the doors prior to entering the building.
- Bring your Part 1 Online Certificate of Completion.
- You will receive your CPR Card within a few days of a successful CPR Check-Off.
- If you do not receive your card within a few days, please email Dr. Rogers (email@example.com).