Students must apply for admission to the College and to the Radiologic Technology Program by the published deadline date. Before applying, students must meet ALL application requirements listed below.
Students who do not meet the minimal application requirements will not be considered for acceptance to the program. Meeting minimal application requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program. (Please note that application requirements and procedures may change without prior notice. Please check with the Health Sciences Division and/or check website for updates prior to applying.)
In addition to the general admission requirements for the College, application to the Radiologic Technology program requires:.
- unconditional admission to the College.
- applicants must be at least 18 years of age (Alabama Regulations for Control of Radiation Rule 420-3-03(6), “Occupational Radiation Dose Limits: States that all occupational workers employing ionizing radiation must be at least 18 years of age.)
- official transcripts received by the Records Office (Wadley Campus) from ALL post-secondary institutions attended (or official transcripts from high school/GED scores for those who have never attended college).
- minimum of 2.5 GPA calculated on completed program academic core courses (Calculator to Estimate GPA) and a minimum of 2.0 GPA at Southern Union. Transfer students who have never attended SUSCC must have a cumulative 2.0 and be on clear academic status.
- Minimum of 2.5 high school 12th grade GPA for students without prior college work (GED passage acceptable in place of 2.5 GPA). **Must have official high school transcript with graduation date on file.
- official test score on the ACT National or Residual with a minimum composite score of 18. (No time limit on when the test was taken.)
- eligibility for English 101, Math 100, and meet the College reading requirement.
- applicant be in good standing with the college.
- applicant meets the Essential Functions requirements for Radiologic Technology Programs.
- submission of COMPLETE application packet for the Radiologic Technology Program by deadline.
NOTE: Admission to the Radiologic Technology Program is competitive, and the number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty and clinical facilities available. Applicants are rank-ordered for acceptance based on grades in selected English, math and science courses; admission test scores; and additional points for successful completion of academic courses required for program. See the Program Admission Form included in the application packet for details on the ranking process.
Meeting minimal application requirements does not guarantee acceptance.