Students must apply for admission to the Paramedic-to-RN Mobility program no later than the published deadline. Before applying, students must meet ALL application criteria listed below. (Please note that admission requirements and procedures may change without prior notice. Please check with Health Sciences Division and/or website for updates prior to applying.)
In addition to the general admission requirements of the College, application to the Associate Degree Nursing program requires:
- Health Sciences Information Session Attendance Verification (must attach ORIGINAL document of verification to nursing application).
- Signed certificate validating successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course;
- unencumbered or nonrestricted license as a Paramedic in Alabama;
- unconditional admission to the College (see College catalog for requirements);
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA) calculated on completed academic core coursework(Calculator for Core GPA), and
- current or previous Southern Union students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher at SUSCC;
- transfer students must enter SUSCC on clear academic status (cumulative 2.0 gpa);
- official transcripts received by Records Office (Wadley Campus) from ALL post-secondary institutions attended (or official transcripts from high school/GED scores for those who have never attended college);
- meeting eligibility requirements for English 101 and Math 100 and satisfaction of the College reading requirement;
- official score on ACT. Minimum score of 18 required (ACT Residual);
- submission of application for Associate Degree Nursing Program by deadline.
Admission to the Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive, and the number of students admitted is limited by the number of clinical facilities available. After meeting minimal application requirements, applicants are rank-ordered for acceptance using a points system based on score on ACT National or ACT Residual and quality points from selected college courses. Additional points may be awarded. Please see program application worksheet for criteria.
Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance.