Programs of Study
ARRT registered, or registry eligible radiologic technologists should meet the following requirements and submit a MRI Program Application before participation in the program is approved. In addition to a program application, the following documents are required prior to the deadline.
- Southern Union State Community College Application for General Admission.
- Current or previous SUSCC students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at Southern Union.
- Transfer students who have never attended Southern Union must have minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Official college transcripts sent to Records Office. Students who have never attended SUSCC must also submit high school or GED transcripts.
- Documentation of status as a Radiographer who is certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or ARRT registry eligibility.
Clinical Experience Requirements for Second Semester
- Pay student liability insurance.
- Complete Health Records requirement.
- Be acceptable by clinical agencies for clinical experiences. May require an additional criminal background check.