Programs of Study
Students must apply for admission to the LPN to RN Mobility program no later than the published deadline. Before applying, students must meet ALL application criteria listed below. (Please note that admission requirements and procedures may change without prior notice. Please check with Health Sciences Division and/or website for updates prior to applying.)
In addition to the general admission requirements of the College, admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program requires:
- Health Sciences Information Session Attendance Verification (must attach ORIGINAL document of verification to nursing application).
- an unencumbered or non-restricted license as a practical nurse in Alabama.
- unconditional admission to the College (see College catalog for requirements).
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA) calculated on completed academic core coursework (GPA Calculator for Core GPA), and
- current or previous Southern Union students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher at SUSCC.
- transfer students must enter SUSCC on clear academic status (cumulative 2.0 gpa).
- official transcripts in Records Office from ALL postsecondary institutions attended.
- official score on ACT National or ACT Residual (minimum composite score of 18)ACT Residual;
- completion of prerequisite general education courses with a minimum grade of "C". See listing under Curriculum.
- application for LPN to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Mobility Program by deadline.
Admission to the LPN to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program is competitive, and the number of students admitted is limited by the number of clinical facilities available. After meeting minimal requirements, applicants are rank-ordered for acceptance using a points system based on score on the ACT National or ACT Residual and quality points from selected college courses. Additional points may be awarded. Please see program application worksheet for criteria.
Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance.