Health Sciences Information Sessions
What is the Health Sciences Information Session?
****no longer required for Nursing, PTA, and RAD Tech applications
The Health Sciences Information Session is required for prospective applicants of Health Sciences programs offered at Southern Union. Registration form and dates for sessions is located at the bottom of this page. Attendance at one of these sessions is MANDATORY for anyone who plans to apply for admission to a health sciences program. Prospective applicants will have an opportunity to learn information about:
- Health Sciences programs offered at Southern Union
- Program application process
- Selection process for programs
- Expectations of students who are selected for admission to program
How do I register for a Health Sciences Information Session?
- Complete the online registration form (below) for the date of your choice. Dates and times of the sessions will be found below in the drop-down menu of the registration form where you select the date of your choice.
- After your request has been received, you will be emailed a registration confirmation as long as there is space available in the session you selected. Confirmation e-mails will be sent on Fridays.
- Seating is limited to 50 persons for each information session. There will be no extra spaces for guests or family members.
- You must register at least five business days prior to the session.
- Be sure to use a valid email address. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you use for registration. You must print the confirmation email and present it when attending the session. There will be NO ADMITTANCE to the session without a printed confirmation.
- If you delete your email and do not have a printed copy, you must register to attend another session.
- You may bring more than one copy of the confirmation email for signatures if you plan to apply to more than one program.
- Please note:
- Space is limited to 50 individuals so please register early.
- Meetings will take place on either Opelika, Valley or Wadley Campus.
- Meetings at Opelika or Wadley Campus will take place on Central Time (CT).
- Meetings on Valley Campus will take place on Eastern Time (ET).
- Refer to confirmation email for exact location of the meeting.
- There is no cost to attend the session but you must attend a session for your application to be considered complete for a Health Sciences program.
- What should I do on my scheduled Information Session Day?
- Arrive at the location 15 -30 minutes early. Parking may be limited at certain times of the semester. Late arrivals WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.
- Plan to be at the information session for 60 - 90 minutes
- Bring the following to the session (required for admission):
- Government issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- A printed copy of your email for date confirmation.
Ready to register for a session?
Anything else I need to know?
- You must present the ORIGINAL signed attendance verification form with your application for the Health Sciences program or your application will not be complete. Replacement verifications will not be available. You are responsible for keeping the original attendance verification. Applications without this form will not be considered for admission.