Transient Students

8 Easy Steps to Enrolling for Transient Students

Are you currently attaining a degree at another college or university but need to take a course at Southern Union? We are proud you have decided to allow Southern Union to assist you in getting your college degree. 

  1. General Application. Apply online or download and print the Application for General Admission. Complete and return by mail or in person to the Admissions Office on any SUSCC campus. Your student email  account will be available following application to the college. Please check this email for any notifications regarding your application.

  2. Submit identification. The Admissions Office must receive appropriate identification when you apply for general admission. Click here for guidelines for submitting appropriate identification documents. 

  3. Provide an original Transient form from your current college or university. Click here for more information on attending with transient status.

  4. Secure tuition payment method. Payment is due at time of registration. Transient students are not eligible for financial aid.

  5. Schedule classes online or on-campus. Following completion of steps 1-4, you may schedule the classes listed on your Transient Form online through mySUSCC online access during published registration times.
  6. Verify payment. Provide payment online at time of scheduling class or report to Cashier’s Office to submit  payment. Students should obtain a parking decal at Cashier’s Office before the first day of class. 

  7. Obtain Student ID. Report to Learning Resource Center on Opelika or Wadley Campus with PAID  class schedule during designated LRC operating hours to get your student ID .

  8. Obtain books for your class. Students may choose to purchase books through the campus bookstore.

Attend classes!