A Guide for Students Transferring to colleges/universities in Alabama

Are you worried that the courses you complete with Southern Union will not transfer to your chosen college or university in the state of Alabama?  Put those worries to rest by following the STARS (Statewide Transfer Articulation and Reporting System) Guide while at SUSCC.

Statewide Transfer & Articulation Reporting System | Southern Union State Community College


This Articulation Agreement helps to guarantee that course work will transfer to colleges and universities within Alabama.

To use STARS, you should know your major and the college or university to which you intend to transfer.  Using the Internet, go to, enter the system, and follow the directions. What you will find is a complete listing of required courses and options for your chosen degree divided into five sections labeled Areas I through V.  There is no guesswork. Specific courses and directions are provided for your use.

Please pay special attention to Area V, Pre-Professional, Major, and Elective Courses. This section provides special information as well as providing an Area V link to the colleges and universities that offer your chosen major. Select your college/university, click on Area V, and review any special recommendations or requirements. Use your browser to print the information provided.

Remember,  STARS is a great tool for you to use. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please see your academic advisor for assistance.

Transferring Out-of-State?

Students who plan to transfer to colleges and universities outside of Alabama should talk with an advisor at the institution for which they are interested in transferring to work out a plan of study