Student Parking and Driving Regulations
Southern Union has many designated student parking areas. You must have a Southern Union parking permit in order to park on campus. Parking permits will be issued by Rydin Permit Express once the online form is completed. Please view SU’s parking and driving regulations below for more detailed information.
Important New Parking Information:
Parking Permit: $20. Students must complete the online form below to receive a parking permit.
Register online for a Parking Permit
Remember, it is prohibited to park:
- Without a valid permit displayed
- In "No Parking" areas
- In a handicapped space without a valid handicapped tag or permit displayed
- On the grass, sidewalk or crosswalks
Violators will be subject to fines. Fines can be paid at the cashier. Failure to pay fines may result in holds on your student records, graduation or the registration process.
PARKING AND DRIVING REGULATIONS
Any student, who drives a car or other motorized vehicle on any campus, day or night, must have liability insurance and must secure and display a parking decal. If more than one vehicle is driven on campus regularly, each vehicle should have its own decal. Parking decals are $20.00 and will be issued by mail from Rydin Permit Express. All student parking permits expire at the end of summer term each year.
Parking decals must be displayed at all times while parked on campus. By displaying the parking permit, the student agrees to abide by the following parking regulations:
- The speed limit is not to exceed 10 mph on any campus.
- The registered driver is responsible for his automobile regardless of who is driving.
- Visitor’s Parking Permits are issued to non-student campus guests. Students experiencing car trouble or other extenuating circumstances that necessitate bringing an unregistered vehicle on campus may also qualify for a Visitor’s Parking Permit. A Visitor’s Parking Permit should be obtained immediately upon arriving on campus. Permits are available on campus from the Campus Police office on Wadley and Opelika and from the Administrative Office on Valley.
- Vehicles may not be parked in a “no parking” zone.
- Vehicles parked improperly with or without a parking decal showing will be ticketed and a $25.00 fine will be assessed. Students’ owing fines will have all college records placed on hold until fines are paid.
- Vehicles parked improperly can be towed from campus at owner’s expense.
- If your car has been towed or booted, contact campus police for retrieval information.
- All users of handicapped parking spaces must validate their parking permit. Information on the validation process is available in the Campus Police Department.
- No parking on curbs.
- All stop signs must be obeyed.
- Vehicles left on campus overnight must be registered with the Campus Police.
- NO driving and parking on the grass and/or sidewalks.
- Double parking is prohibited.
- Blocking driveways, entrances, and exits to parking areas or buildings is prohibited.
- Drivers must yield to pedestrians in designated crosswalks.In all lots that are marked with parking spaces, vehicles must be parked heading into the spaces.
- Residential students (students living in the residence hall/dorm on the Wadley campus) must obtain a dorm decal to be attached to their SU decal.