10 Easy Steps to Enrolling for FIRST TIME college students
Are you a new college student who is ready to get started earning a college degree? Congratulations on your first step to a brighter future! We are proud you have chosen Southern Union to help you get started.
Beginning Fall 2020, Southern Union will be using a new software platform to register. This new software will replace the mySUSCC Web Portal.
Effective Friday, May 29 Southern Union will no longer be processing admissions applications on the current system. The Admission Office will begin processing applications for the Fall term once we go live with Banner. The projected date for the Admissions Office to go live is the first part of July.
During this time students can submit an application using the options below for future processing (Please note that applications will not be processed until we go live with Banner):
- Submit an online application for later processing. To submit your online application - click here
- Submit a written application. To submit your written application - click here.
Mailed applications must be sent to:
Southern Union State Community College
PO Box 1000
Wadley, AL 36276
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Application. Apply online or download and print the Application for General Admission. Complete and return by mail or in person to the Admissions Office on any SUSCC campus. Your student email account will be available following application to the college. Please check this email for any notifications regarding your application.
- Submit identification. The Admissions Office must receive appropriate identification when you apply for general admission. Click here for guidelines for submitting appropriate identification documents.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Provide the following required records MAILED to Records Office:
- Official High school transcript indicating graduation date
- Official GED scores
- ACT or SAT scores, if taken within 3 years.
- Official college transcripts if dual/accelerated college credit earned while in high school.
- Take the Accuplaceer placement test. Click here to find out if you need placement testing.
- Secure tuition payment method. Payment is due at time of registration.
- To apply for federal financial aid visit www.fafsa.ed.gov. Final approval for financial aid may take 6-8 weeks for processing. Final processing of financial aid at Southern Union cannot occur until steps 1-4 have been completed. Students should not attend a registration session to enroll in classes until SUSCC processing of financial aid is complete.
- Students who do not receive financial aid will be required to pay tutition at the time of registration. Methods of payment include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. SUSCC doe not accept American Express.
- Schedule a meeting to register with an academic advisor for initial registration. Steps 1-6 must be complete before scheduling classes. If you are registering for a fall semester, please see an Adviser. New Student registration dates are published on the previous page you visited, in the Student Handbook and Catalog and Calendar on the website. Students who have earned dual/accelerated college credit while in high school should bring unofficial copy of college transcript. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Verify payment. Report to Cashier’s Office to verify payment has been receipted and to obtain parking permits.
- Obtain Student ID. Report to the Learning Resource Center on Opelika or Wadley Campus with a PAID class schedule during designated LRC operating hours to get your student ID. Students charging books to financial aid programs must present a valid SUSCC ID to charge books.
- Obtain books for your classes. Students using financial aid to purchase books and supplies may charge these through the campus bookstore following a 24 hour waiting period after scheduling classes. Books for financial aid recipients are sold during a designated schedule each semester which is posted in the financial aid office or bookstore. Student must present a valid SUSCC Student ID to charge books to financial aid.