If you are nearing completion of 60 hours of academic coursework, you may qualify to receive your degree or certificate from SUSCC.
Graduation Cap and Gown Pickup Information:
- Cap and gown pickups at the Wadley and Opelika campuses will be from the 27th-29th of this month and BOTH campuses.
- The student must go to the designated campus that they chose to pick their order up from and must have a photo ID to gather their regalia.
- The Opelika bookstore's hours are 7:30A.M.-5:00P.M. and is in the Student Union building.
- The Wadley bookstore's hours are 7:30A.M.-2:00P.M. and is in the administration building.
- The student will pay for their cap and gown when they pick them up.
The Spring Graduation Ceremony will be held on May 7, 2021 in the Sports Arena/Wadley Campus at 10:00 am. Graduates, please check your SU email, social media and website for updates!
How do I apply for graduation?
To have a degree posted to your transcript, you must comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with the college policies as follows:
- Schedule a meeting with an Academic Advisor and complete a Graduation Application prior to the deadline date each semester as published in the College calendar found in the College catalog.
- Reconcile all financial obligations to the College.
- Complete all degree and/or certificate requirements as stated in the current SU catalog.
- There is no fee to apply and have a degree award posted to your transcript. However, to order a diploma, there is a $25 non-refundable diploma fee which must be paid prior to the published deadline date.
How do I participate in the Spring 2021 Graduation Ceremony?
Our annual graduation ceremony is held in May for graduates of the Spring and preceding Summer and Fall terms. This ceremony is held in the Sports Arena on the Wadley Campus. Details regarding ceremony participation, including cap and gown rental and the purchase of regalia (PTK honor cords, etc.) will be mailed to students who indicate on their Graduation Application that they wish to participate in the ceremony.
No student may participate in the graduation ceremony who has not (1) completed all degree and/or certificate requirements, and (2) rented a cap and gown through the College bookstore prior to the deadline date as set by the bookstore.
As of this date, the State mandate is for mask to be worn for anyone entering the Arena (with the exception of infants). If there is a change in this policy, we will post updated information on the SU website.
Guests will have the option to attend the ceremony virtually.
May 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Sports Arena/Wadley Campus
Check-In will be at 9:00 a.m. at the Sports Arena/Front Lobby. Please come dressed in your cap and gown. After check-in, graduates will be directed to degree-appropriate seating. Please maintain a safe social distance while in the Arena.
There will be no processional or recessional this year. Since we will not be having a rehearsal prior to the ceremony, if you have a name that you want to make sure is announced correctly as you walk across the stage, please contact Alecia Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do ask that graduates immediately leave the floor once the ceremony has concluded. No group gatherings are permitted following the ceremony inside the Arena.
Women should wear a simple dark dress with a "V" neckline, or dark slacks, navy or black dress shoes and hair style to accommodate the cap (flat). Men should wear white shirts, solid dark ties, dark trousers, dark shoes, and dark socks. Men should remove their caps during prayers and Alma Mater.
A professional photographer will be set up in the Weight Room located on the lower level of the Arena.
PTK (Phi Theta Kappa) members should visit www.ptk.org and go to the “store” to order stoles. Southern Union does not use the PTK honors cords at graduation. Mu Alpha Theta members may wear your honor cords!