Miss Southern Union
The Miss Southern Union pageant is a scholarship pageant that offers over $2,000 in scholarships to participants each year.
It is a part of the Miss America Organization that provides millions of dollars in scholarship money to contestants throughout the United States. Miss Southern Union competes for the title of Miss Alabama each June at Samford University.
QUALIFICATIONS: To enter the Miss Southern Union Scholarship Pageant, or any other Miss America local preliminary, contestants must meet certain basic requirements and agree to abide by all the rules of the local, state, and national Miss America Pageant now in effect or as announced hereafter. To be a contestant in the Miss Southern Union Pageant, you must:
- Be a female, a high school senior, at least seventeen (17) years of age by January 13th and no older than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31st
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Not be married, never been married, never had a marriage annulled, never cohabited or have a child
- Be available for public appearances as Miss Southern Union
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at Southern Union
- Secure $100 in donations for the Children’s Miracle Network
|Areas of Competition are scored as follows:|
For additional information or to schedule an appearance by Miss Southern Union contact: Shondae Brown at 256-395-2211 ext 5145.