Dual Enrollment Scholarship
Deadline for Dual Enrollment Scholarship is December 1, 2021 at 4:30 pm CST.
The Alabama Community College System has expanded the allowable use of Career and Technical Education Dual Enrollment scholarships to include several STEM-related academic courses. The deadline to submit the scholarship application for the 2022 Spring semester is the end of the business day (4:30 pm CST) December 1, 2021. A limited number of dual enrollment scholarships are available for ONE of the following STEM-related courses for spring semester at Southern Union:
- BIO 103 Principles of Biology I
- CHM 111 College Chemistry I
- MTH 115 Precalculus Algebra and Trigonometry
- MTH 125 Calculus I
The scholarship does not cover the Alabama Community College System Enhancement fee nor any additional fees associated with courses, such as proctor fees and book fees.
To be considered for the scholarship program, a student must:
- Be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Obtain a Southern Union student ID number by submitting an online Application for General Admission and emailing a copy of a valid photo ID to email@example.com
- Have a minimum ACT English score of 18 and a minimum ACT math score of 20.