How To Apply
Fall Term - June 1
Spring Term - November 1
Summer Term - April 1
HOW DO I APPLY ONLINE?
- Apply for aid at fsaid.ed.gov (Please note that is a FREE application and does not cost anything to complete). *When logging into the FAFSA website, click the link to “Create a FSA ID”.
- The Admission Office must have a completed admission application and all official transcripts for financial aid application to be processed. Additional documents for the financial aid office include but are not limited to tax returns transcripts, verification worksheet, etc.
- After submitting your FAFSA online, begin checking your financial aid status at Southern Union’s official webpage. You can also e-mail any questions to financial aid’s e-mail, email@example.com.
Below are the steps to use the new mySUSCC web portal:
**If you have completed all parts of the admissions process, click STUDENT TAB, STUDENT LANDING PAGE, and Financial Aid Dashboard to check your status. If you have not completed the admissions application, click STUDENT TAB, STUDENT LANDING PAGE, SSB9-ADMITTED STUDENT to check your status.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing from filling out the FAFSA online to completion and receipt of award letter.
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED WHEN COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA:
- Federal School Code is 001040
- Federal tax returns from prior year
- Driver’s license number
- Asset information (real-estate other than your home, businesses, farms, investments…)
- Federal processor 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
Southern Union State Community College
Wadley 256-395-2211 Opelika 334-745-6437