ARRT registered, or registry eligible radiologic technologists should meet the following requirements and submit a CT Program Application before participation in the program is approved. In addition to a program application, the following documents are required prior to the deadline.
- Southern Union State Community College Application for General Admission.
- Current or previous SUSCC students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at Southern Union.
- Transfer students who have never attended Southern Union must have minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Official college transcripts sent to Records Office. Students who have never attended SUSCC must also submit high school or GED transcripts.
- Documentation of status as a Radiographer who is certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or ARRT registry eligibility.
Helpful Student Resources
Clinical Experience Requirements for Second Semester
- Pay student liability insurance. ($10.00 per semester paid with tuition.)
- Complete Health Questionnaire and Essential Functions Form evidencing a state of physical and mental health such that the student is able to complete all program requirements without presenting undue risk/harm to the student or other persons.
- Be acceptable by clinical agencies for clinical experiences. May require criminal background check.
- Submit verification of current CPR certification at the American Heart Association BLS-C (Healthcare Provider) level.
- Proof of the first of three vaccinations for Hepatitis B or sign a waiver. (The second vaccination is due one month following the first vaccination. The third vaccination must be taken six months after the first vaccination.)
- Proof of annual TB skin testing and current immunizations.